Monday, September 19, 2011

The Bridge Room

So, when I said that the last restaurant post would be it from me from Sydney for a while... I was wrong. I managed to sneak in a farewell dinner.... as you do.

I'm a lucky girl. I have lots of great male friends - many of whom, due to the nature of things,  are in the business of food and when we go out to eat - we don't mess about. Inevitably somebody at the table knows the chef at the particular establishment we are dining in and we are often more than happy to let he or she do the honours when it comes to ordering  - its not only a great way to access a good cross section of the menu but it gives those of us who work with food on a daily basis a break from having to make yet another food related decision in our down time (Oh *cringe* that sounds so freakin' pretentious and ungrateful - but it is what it is! Sometimes you just want someone else to take the reigns)  - and nothing like that lovely element of surprise when it all gets laid out in front of you! 

The space is elegant,  inviting and damn comfortable  - in fact it feels a bit like eating at a mate's place who has really good taste in home furnishings... the food is seriously good yet not intimidating - it a cohesive collaboration on many levels....
The Bridge Room has scored with hubby and wife team Ross and Sunny Lusted at the helm.  I won't rabbit on about all their accolades as you can read that most anywhere else - but suffice to say - they know their stuff. And, as we knew he would, Ross sent us out the perfect amount of delectable nosh. And gave me a couple of tips for Kyoto restaurants while he was at it!
Lennox Hastie and Luke Nguyen sampling the excellent oysters...
Hello raw wagyu shoulder with fresh horseradish, smoked enoki and pickled chillies...  a fine dish to consume just prior my re-entry in to Japanese life
 Lovely to he reminded of the sweet-tart nuances and fresh aromatics of such a simple but winning combination - tomato, basil and garlic

       
Sweetbreads with green garlic and shredded asparagus. I'm a sweetbread kinda gal and these goooood...
Ash grilled duck breast with vincotto set figs, mustard fruits and red chard... needless to say - win! 
cheese course... why not? Comte, Fromage D'affinois and Fourme d'Ambert with crackers, some excellent fruit bread and  crisp wafers of pear
Imagine a crisp meringue cloud filled with yoghurt cream, fresh, sweet strawberries and  - fun for all the family - strawberry fruit leather or "paper" as stated on the menu.... fab!
John Fink and Lennox tucking in to the fruit leather
Lukey being a little more polite....
Thanks for a great night guys (see you in Japan!). And to Ross and Sonny - the perfect hosts....
xx



1 comment:

  1. I take pleasure in, result in I discovered just what I was taking a look for.

    You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

    my web page piso laminado fotos

    ReplyDelete