Sunday, April 7, 2013

E-Fish Cafe - Kyoto


E-fish is a modern cafe space-slash design store on the western edge of the Kamogawa (Kamo River) just under Gojo street.  (Handy if you are in the Kiyomizu area and walking towards Kyoto station along Gojo)
 The food is mainly western style, or a fusion of Japanese and western cuisines with a predominantly fresh, nutritious slant. It is indeed a lovely spot to while away the afternoon, particularly when the glass doors are opened up to allow in the breeze. 
Fresh berries crushed with soda
Corn chips with guacamole
Vegetarian Taco salad
Broccoli and ricotta salad
I've been here on a several occasions and have found the service to be a little bit inconsistent  - at its worst  - well... arrogant. And there tends to be a bit of a "scene" from time to time ie a "cool" crowd of designer types (don't get me wrong - I love me some designer types but this particular crowd just seems to have a certain air about them...) -  but the food, drinks and view plus the fact you can linger with a book for as long as you like make up a tight little package capable of diffusing any misgivings. 


For more info go HERE.  and don't forget to use the google chrome translator. 


5 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,

    congrats for the blog, i love Japan and its food and i find it very interesting.
    Just a little suggestion: why don't you put the "pin it" button (it is very easy) at the end of every post? It would make it easier for people to "take note" of one of your posts!
    For example, i'd love to pin this to my pinterest table, so that the next time i go to kyoto i will remember :)

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there -thanks for your message. I will take a look at adding the "pin it" button to each page - to be honest I think I tried it once and had trouble with it but shall try again. Cheers, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! I have now installed the pin it button to my images. That's great - thank you TheBarcelonaXperience !

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that's amazing! I will try to feature it in my blog also, it's much better than the normal pin it button :)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - it is quite convenient isn't it!! Thanks for prompting me to do it - great idea.
    Cheers, J

    ReplyDelete