Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sayonara for now :(

I arrived back in Australia this afternoon - ending 3 incredible months in Kyoto. I already miss it. 

For now bush smoke clings to the air. It is 28C and muggy. The traffic is horrendous and dangerous.  (My cab was very nearly hit twice on route home).  My plane was kept in a holding pattern until my bladder was ready to burst.  My suitcase was the last off the carousel. My family failed to greet me at the airport when a certain airline gave them the wrong arrival time and I was left standing... not exactly the welcome I was expecting. I'm tired and irritable. Its all a bit smelly and not all all KYOTO!! I have some recent memories to quell my cravings but they won't do. I shall return - soon. 

Although I am home I'll still be posting a little backlog of Kyoto moments over the following weeks  -however they are likely to be a  little sporadic as I'm heading interstate for the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival and other "business" so stay tuned.  Back to the airport in the morrow...
Here are a few Kyoto scenes from the last fortnight: 

8 comments:

  1. welcome back! love the presentation of that donut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you oh chocolate one. Would you love it just as much if I told you it was not a doughnut but an elegant Tiramisu. Thin white chocolate shell, mascarpone inside, tarlet of chocolate and coffee underneath??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Jane. What a "not so perfect day" to arrive home! Back burning at Killarney Height, next to Roseville Bridge. Cough, cough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ms Ellie! Maybe that is what is delaying all planes leaving Sydney today.. So far mine is only late by 2 hours... Not complaining of course...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home, Jane Janey! Guess you're feeling a bit like that cat in the last shot ;-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jessi. feel surprisingly ok. just a little distressed about what's happening in Japan at the moment. shocking. The footage is like a surreal scene from a disaster movie.
    scary stuff.
    be back in syd soon. See you then xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Jane! Lucky you, being busy with all the foodie events :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah busy - but very sad looking at footage of Japan. Just finished a presentation on sake and Japanese food - a pretty wierd thing to be doing today...

    ReplyDelete