Wednesday, November 28, 2012

3-2-1 We have lift-off... Launching Zenbu Zen



THIS WEEK

I'm off to BRISBANE to hook up with my friends at Tank Restaurant for the local Media launch (fancy!) of my new book Zenbu Zen at the fabulous Scrumptious Reads - with food by the lovely and talented Tony Tierney. Afterwards I will be lurking instore, no doubt raving about Japan and Japanese cuisine and life in Kyoto (as I do...) and signing copies of the book. Can't wait! If you are in the area on Friday night from 6:30pm please drop by and say ello to me and my newborn - Zenbu Zen.
That is THIS Friday 30 November 2012. from 6:30pm



LAST WEEK 
Thanks for hosting me MELBOURNE TOWN - it was a stupendous affair! Great to see lots of familiar faces and meet some new friends.  I was invited to chat about Zenbu Zen on air with some very cool foodie/radio types including Pete Dillon on Joy 94.9's Cravings (listen to our chat -see Nov 24 2012), ABC radio's Kelli Brett on the Main Ingredient (Listen to the podcast here) and Glenn Ridge on his  Mornings on MyMP programme - plus I signed books all over town (Thank you particularly to  Books for Cooks, The Essential Ingredient and Readings Carlton for being so supportive)!

I was treated to some wonderful meals over a 3 day period - here's just a little taste (and a few hot tips if you are in town!):  Chin Chin, The Meatball and wine bar, Cumulus, Pope Joan, Sake, Brooks, Rosetta, Pei Modern (TWICE!) and Friends of Mine - in no particular order. Also dropped in on the talented Darren and Cath at B&P Sweet studio where I acquired a little extra energy burst to see me through all this excitement.... Heaven!


Meanwhile - back in SYDNEY I've also been hanging around Kinokuniya on Pitt Street  -they have a HUGE stack of ZZ copies and are supporting me wholeheartedly by popping me at the top of their Christmas Cookbook Catalogue (cheers guys!)  - as are Gleebooks who recommend Zenbu Zen in their Summer Reading guide. I've been wielding the sharpie in there too! Thanks for allowing me come in and scribble on your books!

I'll be getting myself out 'n about just a little bit more in Sydney town over the coming weeks so if you happen to see me wandering around a bookstore, pen poised,  please make sure you stop and say hello - perhaps share a few of your own Japanese foodie experiences?

I'm so blown away by the passionate response to Zenbu Zen - Thank  you to everyone who has give me such valuable feedback (and more than a little bit of lurve) !! From time to time I will be posting updates on reviews and the like on  my "news and reviews" page - so if you are interested in knowing a bit more about the book (before buying it naturally...!! cheeky....) and/or my time in Japan - please take a peek HERE.

And if you are very good I'll let you in on a secret.. there are a few freebie recipes from Zenbu Zen  -and one of my other Japanese titles - Yoshoku - on the EATLOVE website. Take a look around - it is NEW and the best free foodie content on the web - credible and beautiful - by highly respected chefs, cooks and food writers!

Don't forget to "follow me" while you are there so you stay in the loop when new content is added!

J x




No comments:

Post a Comment